- Raw vegetables: 1lb
- Steamed/cooked vegetables: 1lb
- Bean/legumes: 1 cup (include some with every lunch)
- Fresh fruit: 4 servings
- Whole grains/starchy vegetables: ≤1 cup
- Raw nuts/seeds: ≤1 oz
- Ground flaxseed: 1 tablespoon
I’m going to flout the “no oil” rule, and use some oil based salad dressings on my salads. Because I want to.
General meal plan:
- almond milk
- 1 serving fruit
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Additional serving of fruit
- Big salad with:
- assorted vegetables: peppers, mushrooms, carrots, cucumbers
- black beans and chickpeas
- Big salad (same as lunch, without beans)
- 2 servings cooked vegetables
- Starchy vegetable if desired
- Fruit for desert
Throughout the day: 64oz of water
This is going to be hard. I’m going to want to eat my weight in donuts and pizza. But I’m not going to. I’ll take it one day at a time. One hour at a time. I can do this. This is not hard. (I know I just said it was going to be hard, but…) In the grand scheme of things, this is not hard. Eating healthy foods isn’t hard.
I’m going to do this for 1 week. No ifs, ands, or buts. I have no big events this week. No book clubs or parties or what-have-you. No pre-period cravings. It’s a good week to do this. One day at a time. One hour at a time. Watch for some crazy tweeting, that’s all I have to say.
Tonight: salad prep.